This is a cheap dish to make. its easy on the wallet, easy on the eyes, and even easyier on the stomach, so here it is, my Chicken satay.
4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 teaspoon turmeric
4 tablespoons coconut milk
4 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter (I use natures favourite meridian crunchy no salt peanut butter)
Juice of half a lime
2 teaspoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Marinate the chicken in the turmeric and a pinch of sea salt for a minimum of 20 minutes up to an hour
2. Mix the peanut butter, coconut milk, lime juice and soy sauce in a bowl
3. Coat the marinated chicken strips with one tablespoon of olive oil and place them under a hot grill
4. After five minutes turn the chicken, using another tablespoon of oil and cook for a further 5 minutes or until cooked through
5. Serve the chicken with plenty of the sauce for dipping!
If you like your food spicy add some finely cut green chilli into the sauce to give it a bit of a kick, And the heat of green chilli actually speeds up your Metabolism healping you burn weight healthily, so this could become a fatburning dish ;)
Hope you enjoy guys